Harley Riders

What would you do to your Harley with $6k?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Mustang 2 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Coolhand
    Participant

So I’m looking at doing some practical custom / performance mods to my ’07 FLHTCU. More power and comfort is the big picture. Right now I’m thinking about swapping out the cams, adding some 6/8 piston front calipers and a more comfortable seat & bars. I’m looking to spend around $6k – what would you do on that budget?

Tony
    Participant

I highly recommend you check out a Saddleman Road Sofa, I’ve had most makes of seat over the years and I’ve found it the most comfortable by far. As for performance, all I’d say is, go for a set of components that have been dyno proven to work together. You won’t choose the perfect combination by accident.

deanster
    Participant

Trade it in for a newer model!!!

Roscoe
    Participant

Check out Performance Machine 6 Piston Differential Bore Calipers for the front. You won’t be disappointed. IMO, the stock rear unit is OK, but PM do a 4 Piston replacement if you want more stopping power.

Coolhand
    Participant

Thanks @roscoe, Performance Machine are top of my caliper list right now, plus a Mustang or Saddleman seat. I’m still not sure which direction to go with the motor though.

Chuckn
    Participant

Leave it alone, buy a $6k Sportster and find out where the real Harley fun starts!

Mustang
    Participant

Don’t know what the final cost’s gonna be, but I’d have to check out an S&S T143!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.