General Discussion

What's your favourite biker movie

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bruce7 Bruce7 2 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of victor
    victor
    Participant

Someone just posted an image from Tarantino’s biker movie Hell Ride. OK, they’re all pretty cheesy but we’ve all seen them! I’ve always liked the bike Jack Nicholson (poet) rode in Angels on Wheels. Anyone else got a guilty biker movie secret?

Angels on Wheels

Profile photo of Chuckn
    Chuckn
    Participant

Biker movies? You’d better like Peter Fonda, he seems to turn up in most of them! BTW, didn’t David Carradine star in a low budget flick about a guy and a boy heading to Canada on a chopper? Can’t find anything on Google, might have got the name wrong?

Profile photo of Ocarrol
      Ocarrol
      Participant

Easy Rider is the obvious biker film choice, although it’s a bit ‘hippy’ for me and Fonda’s character just p*ss*s me off. Great music and bike shots though.

Profile photo of Ocarrol
    Ocarrol
    Participant

There’s some good bikes in the Savage Seven. The rest of it is pretty bad though.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

The Wild One. Forget Brando’s Triumph, check out Lee Marvin’s Rat Hydra-Glide. (Some press shots show him next to a Flathead, but he rode a Hydra-Glide in the film)

Profile photo of Denson
    Denson
    Participant

They’re just too cheesy to watch.

Profile photo of Fletch
    Fletch
    Participant

Easy Rider will always be the best 60s Biker film – the rest were just milking the franchise.

Profile photo of Fletch
    Fletch
    Participant

Here’s an Easy riders still you don’t see often – makes a change from the usual selection!

Easy Rider

Profile photo of Bruce7
    Bruce7
    Participant

The Wild One is a real period piece. The rest are almost all unwatchable.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.