Cleaning & Security

Best Harley Polish

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Ted12 3 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

derby
    Participant

OK, my first post. What’s the best polish to use on a black Harley? I’ve always loved black but it’s the worst color to keep looking it’s best. Any good tips out there?

deanster
    Participant

Can’t go wrong with Meguires, I’ve been using it for ever.

Jackman
    Participant

Meguires is great but Glare is awesome for black. It’s labour intensive but you won’t have to redo it for months. Get yourself some Spider to deal with any ‘swirls’ and some Glare Polish to seal it. Not cheap, but you won’t regret it.

Coolhand
    Participant

IMO, cleaning is a part of good bike maintenance and a quick coat of polish helps protect chrome and paint finishes. Apart from that I’d rather ride!

Danny
    Participant

As I understand it, the best Harley polishes are high in Carnauba, low in hydrocarbons. The rest is just branding.

ronnie
    Participant

Don’t polish your bike in my neighborhood man, the clean ones are always the first to get boosted! (Lift the old lady’s Lemon Pledge if you gotta polish it!)

derby
    Participant

Glare’s looking a good choice, but it’s sooo expensive!

Shovelhead
    Keymaster

I’m with @danny – just wash & go!

Ted12
    Participant

Biggest problem I have is removing chrome cleaner & polish residue from black engine cases. What does everyone do about that?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.