Clothing & Apparel

Best modular helmet

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  deanster 2 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

ultrag
    Participant

Modular helmets seem to offer the best of both worlds, so I’m thinking of giving one a go. What should I go for?

Denson
    Participant

LaZer Carbon Monaco
    Check out the LaZer Monaco Carbon. I bought one mainly because it’s so light (1500 granms) and less tiring on long trips. Apart from that the finish is really good and the photochromic face shield works really well. No cheap at $500, but well worth a look.

Big Frank
    Participant

I’m very happy with the Speed & Strength SS1700 I bought for $179.99 from MotoSport.com. There’s a lot of good modular helmets around for that sort of money. Do your research and save $$$$!

ronnie
    Participant

I’ll stick with my open face thanks. There’s no point riding a bike in anything else.

Freakshow
    Participant

Yeah I was young once @ronnie! I wear a modular helmet in the winter now. if you want to keep the cost down, there’s plenty below $100. Mine’s an AFX. I can’t remember the model, but it was only about $80.

Denson
    Participant

Try a Schuberth C3. It’s got a height-adjustable sun shield and the face shield comes with a Pinlock insert (brilliant). Having said that, the best thing is how quiet it is. I bought mine for $699, which seems average.

victor
    Participant

You loose both ways with a modular. They don’t have the structural integrity of a full face helmet, but loose the freedom of an open face.

ultrag
    Participant

Vega Summit 3.0 modular helmet
    Thanks for the replies guys. I’m going with a Vega Summit 3.0. Reasons?It fitted me perfectly, had the features I liked and came in at $169 , which seems mid-range price wise.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  ultrag.

deanster
    Participant

How’s the Vega Summit working out for you @ultrag?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.